Kaisen Dam Wiki – Kaisen Dam Bipography
Kaisen Dam, a seven-year-old boy from Salt Lake City, Utah, died after catching fire while playing with matches and gasoline with his friend in a backyard alley.
Kaisen Dam and his nine-year-old friend were using matches and gasoline to melt a fence near Gillespie Avenue and Navajo Street when Kaisen caught fire at 6:20 p.m. Saturday.
Kaisen Dam Age
Kaisen Dam was 7 years old.
Cause of Death
Neighbors heard the children screaming and rushed to help as the fire covered the yard. The fire burned most of Kaisen’s clothing before neighbors could wrap him in a blanket and put out the flames. Kaisen suffered second-degree burns to 90 percent of his body, according to KSL-TV.
Kaisen was rushed to the Primary Children’s Hospital in critical condition, where he later died from his injuries. Footage from the scene shows the melted fence, charred branches, and blackened grass. The second child was not injured and will remain unidentified, authorities said.
Neighbor Sito Tausinga told KSL-TV: ‘He is like a little brother to us. He was very close … He is the one who brings everyone together. ‘
Fane Tausinga, Sito’s sister, added: ‘I am sad. I’m really sad. He just came to ride his bike with us and then he started getting to know us, and my mom loved him. ‘The sisters said that Kaisen knew everyone on the street and always asked them to play outside with him.
“He doesn’t have electronic gadgets, so he calls people’s houses and says, ‘Can your kids come and play? ” “And I see them all laughing outside and playing with him and he’s cute,” Sito added.
Fane said: ‘Yesterday, he came over and said,’ I’m bored. ‘ And I opened the window and said, “Go home.”
And three hours later, we discovered that there was a fire in the back. My aunt called my mom and we heard my mom scream, and we all came here. ‘
#Exclusive– Family says 7 yo Kaisen Dam died in yesterday’s alley fire. Neighbors believe Kaisen & his friend were playing with matches & gas when Kaisen accidentally lit himself on fire. You can see the trail of scarred ground & charred vegetation consumed by the flames. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/XjhvxdfRT3
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) August 8, 2021
The sisters told KSL-TV that they are praying for Kaisen’s family. “We love you very much,” Fane said, “and we just want you to know that we are all here if you need anything.”
Kaisen’s grandparents speak primarily Vietnamese, but they shared with the station how much they loved him and how kind and sweet she was.
The Salt Lake City Police Department investigation into the fatal fire is ongoing.